Director of Regional Directorate of State Forests in Łódź is inviting to participation in International Conference “Decade of Polish Tree Beekeeping”.
After years of absence the honey bees came back to forests. They are one of the most universal pollinators. Process of bees population’s restoration in forests is not easy, but it is possible to achieve, regardless form of the forests’ ownership.
Theoretical knowledge, practice and first research results show that it’s worth to implement more initiatives, which will help to restore population of this species in forests.
The problem of decreasing numbers of pollinators in agricultural landscape creates the need to undertake activities aimed at improving the conditions for forest nectar-providing plants. Tree beehives and log hives emerging in forests are very valuable for preserving the diversity of fauna associated with honey bees.
The conference aims:
• International integration of organizations related with tree beekeeping
• Exchange of experiences and informations, initiating and taking collective actions
• Functioning of the Tree Beekeeping International organization
• Project of restoring tree beekeeping in Poland
• Distribution of tree beehives in Poland
• Tree beekeeping in Ural
• Tree beehives in German forests
• Tree beekeeping traditons in Belarus
• Tree beekeeping in Ukraine
• Tree beekeeping project in Regional Directorate of State Forests in Białystok
• Fratrum Mellicidarum – Nature, Tradition, History
• Historical tree beekeeping resources in Białowieża Primeval Forest
• Bee in forest environment
• Forest plants in forestsproviding forage for bees
• Results of studying bees in tree beehives
• Proliferation of bees
• Tree beekeeping experiences in Wigry National Park
• Presentation of tree beehives and of log hives
• Presentation of the ascent techniques used by tree beekeepers
Other planned activities:
• Presentation of documentary film “Honey hunters”
• Photography exhibition “Last tree beekeepers”
• Photography exhibition “Bee in the lens”